Sunday 10 March 2013

Bewitched



Evening everyone.

I'm not sure what to make of this card I'll be sharing with you tonight.  My daughter (my number one fan and critic) tells me its a little dark.  I meant it to be a little dark, but more on the magical than the spooky side.  Hmmm....

The Image is by Sherri Baldy - one of her cute Besties - and coloured with copics.  For the layout I followed a sketch from The Sketchy Challenges #42.  All layers of the card have been distressed on the edges and corners.  Faux stitching were drawn on the bottom two layers of the card.
 
Dies used:
Leafy flourish from Die-namics
Nesting circles from Quickutz ( for the little circle to redecorate the button)
Labels eighteen from Spellbinders

Used tulle for the circle behind the die cuts, and lace behind the image, both recoloured with copics to match the card.  Never thought I'll use the chisel end of my copics.

The button was redecorated with the same paper used for the backing paper and flourish die cut.  The sentiment reads "wishing you everything Magical".  A few rhinestones added for some bling and the card is done.
 
Well, what do you think?  Spooky or magical?  The more I look at it, the more spookier it looks.  Maybe my daughter is right.
 
Thank you for your time here at my little blog.
Have a lovely day.
Phi
 
 
This card will be entered into the following challenges:
 
WHW - Inspired by Stamping #92 - Decorating buttons technique
Crafty Catz #173 - All stitched up
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #40 - Anything goes with ribbon
Simon Says Stamp - A bit of green
The Sketchy Challenge #42 - Kathrin's Sketch
Polkadoodles Week 10 - Distressing
 
 
 



18 comments:

  1. Hallo liebe Phi,

    deine Karte sieht fantastisch aus. Ich bin begeistert wie genial du sie gestaltet hast.
    Hex, hex, ich zauber sie zu mir......Einfach perfekt. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not scary at all, quite beautiful! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card... thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS and CRAFTY CATZ x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and adorable card not scary at all! Love the colors and touch of sparkle! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab and magical card Phi, great colours and image used.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card and lovely lace, couldn't see any ribbon though for our challenge at CR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my pictures were probably too dark. Green satin ribbon was used to make the bow. I hope my card still qualifies for the CR challenge.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for clarifying and hopping over to my blog, yes your gorgeous card will qualify x

      Delete
  7. Completely "choupi" (too cute)! I like everything on this card...
    Phi, please look on my blog, there is something special for you...

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the dark look for this...it is rather mysterious. I love that bit of black netting on there, and your custom button turned out great. :) Thanks so much for playing along in my Whoo HOo Wednesday button challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful card - love the colours!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think it´s super cool! Love that it is a bit dark. The lace behind the image is a great touch.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz this week and good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love your card, Phi - the colour scheme is amazing and I am also a lover of Sherri's images, especially her 'Besties'. Thanx for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This card is sooo cool! I LOVE it! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd spooky, but at the same time sweet, an adorable image. Thanks for playing with the Sketchy Girls.

    Hugz,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, I love that its a little dark, makes a change from the normal cards don't you think :) thank you for playing along at challenges 4 everybody, Vickie, DT

    ReplyDelete